The Goals of this Pillar include
- Improving journalists’ legal awareness and enhancing their skills in dealing with legislation that restricts the media.
- Professional development for lawyers specialized in defending media and freedom of expression cases.
- Providing assistance and legal support to journalists and media organizations.
- Developing drafts of alternative media related legislation.
- Strengthening the rule of law and ensuring just trials in freedom of expression cases.
- Strengthening the role of the judiciary in protecting freedom of the media and freedom of expression.
- Reducing violations committed against journalists.
- Holding media freedom violators accountable through local and international legal mechanisms.
This Pillar includes the following programs and projects
- The Media Legal Aid Unit[MELAD]
- The Media Violations Monitoring Program SANAD]
- The Media and Judiciary Program